Become A Member
For over a century, Griffith Park has been L.A.'s great urban wilderness where we come to connect with our natural heritage and history. Friends of Griffith Park is a non-profit charitable group that promotes the enlightened stewardship of Griffith Park so it can survive and thrive for another hundred years. As a 501(c)(3) organization, memberships and donations are deductible to the full extent of the law.
What We Do
- Preserve Griffith Park's open landscapes and ecosystems that make it our great Urban Wilderness
- Safeguard Griffith Park's integrity as L.A.'s largest landmark and restore its historic fabric
- Oppose loss of open space, free use, and identity-changing development and commercialization
- Ensure that planning and decision making are open, accountable, and made in partnership with the public
- Promote knowledge about the Park's natural heritage and human history
- Provide grants and engage in fundraising for the Park's study and preservation
By joining Friends of Griffith Park you help preserve this living resource for future generations to enjoy. As a Friend you will receive on a regular basis:
- The Friends of Griffith Park newsletter with news of issues and events affecting the Park and its users.
- Invitations to free-to-member lectures and programs, guided hikes and other activities.
- Invitations to volunteer opportunities in the Park.
- The satisfaction of knowing that you have helped to preserve and sustain the natural heart of our city.